Make Our Podcast Part of Your Virtually Live Day
The ColdFusion Weekly podcast is a "virtually live" call-in show focused on events and issues in the ColdFusion community. Each week Matt Woodward and Peter J. Farrell share their thoughts, answer your questions, and interview ColdFusion developers and others involved with software engineering and web development.
Call in your questions to the CFQuery by using Skype or by using our plain old telephone number. You may also e-mail us your questions and comments. We look forward to hearing from you and having you on the show!
Listen to Our Current Version
The "Peter's Less Wise" Edition
Introduction & Comments
- What Matt's been up to:
What Peter's been up to:
- Upgrading my CF server's JVM because that Daylight savings change is coming
- Using OpenSSL and buying some SSL certificates
- Recover/ed/ing from wisdom teeth. They were complete bone extractions and I luckily only had three.
- Fixing a few smallish bugs in Mach-II 1.5.0 (Kurt recently added include support)
- I bought Pamela for Skype recording -- free upgrades for life, wow!
CFReport – at 11:22
- Overthinking Your Framework is a Stalling Tactic (Brian Rinaldi)
- Todd Sharp's "Yet Another 'Learn a Framework' Blog Series"
- Todd Sharp discusses using an IN clause with cfqueryparam
- Jeff Gladnick calls in to say something about cfsearchengine.com
- Charlie Arehart also talks about CF-specific search engines leveraging Google's new "Co-Op" feature for creating custom search engines
- Charlie Arehart now offering per-minute phone-based CF support!
- Two job openings with CFWebTools in Omaha, NE
- CF jobs in Washington, Pennsylvania, and Illinois
- "Adam on Life" blog--nice long post about persisting complex objects (discusses general concepts as well as using MG and Reactor)
- imified--powered by CF!
- FusionDebug 2.0 is released
- Kevin Schmidt at Flex in a Box: The Worst ColdFusion Code Ever
- Theo Rushin has a nice writeup of the new features in CFEclipse 1.3
- Apollo released on March 31? (Note that the book specifically talks about using the beta ...)
- Create your master feed with Yahoo! Pipes
Konference Korner – at 39:17
First off, let's talk about the new contest for cf.Objective() (May 3-6, 2007 in Minneapolis, MN)
- Two passes to give away. One on the March 12th podcast and one on the April 9th podcast
- Works just like the CFUnited giveaways -- you need the entry code, so listen to the podcast for this week's code!
Now that frameworks is over, CFUnited is peeking its head.
- Just remember that early bird (not the early early bird that we had in Jan) pricing ends on 3/31. Just something to think about if you are getting work to pay for it.
- Listen to the podcast for this week's entry code!
CFQuery – at 45:09
- John asks about setting up CF on a Mac (although he thinks that Peter was the one)
- Simon from Cold Boston on Steve Nelson's comment on relying on other people's code since CF itself is somebody else's code (his comment was maybe you should use Assembler or something)
- Phillip Senn in our first unsolicited roving reporter, um ... report--Adobe User Group meeting in Charlotte, NC
- John Allen calls about meeting Matt and Frameworks saved my life...
CF_Quiz – at 52:40
Version 2.04 Winner - Phillip Senn! (Runner Up: Andrew Mercer)
- How do you get the domain name from an email address in one cfset statement? And calling a UDF isn't the answer ;-)
- ANSWER: <cfset domainName = listLast(emailAddress,"@") />
Version 2.05 - Deadline: Saturday, February 24, 2007, Noon EST
- Give us two different ways you can limit the file size of a file being uploaded to ColdFusion.
Version 2.06 - Deadline: Saturday, March 3, 2007
- In what version of (Allaire) ColdFusion was the request scope added? Extra points if you know who requested it and the reason why it was added?
CFExit Music – at 1:00:58
"Orange" by The Exchange
Run time: 1:06:06 | Size: 54.2 MB | Format: mp3 (stereo)
Looking for an older version of the podcast? Come look in the archive.
If you can't Skype, call us at (469) 293-3820. Find out how you can be on the show...